Tuesday, February 26, 2008

News!

About the lamb--she was not a twin, it just happened that another ewe had a baby just a few days later. That made the loss a little less harsh. The two lambs that we have are doing just great!!

Now, the earliest we will be moving is mid March--even so, we are still not sure. Things are still up in the air. One good thing for all you people that want us there earlier is that the kids and I might be coming to town before the actual move. The reason being that I will be able to look for housing and schedule viewings. We are all very excited to get back to family and friends!

Well, for more animal news, one of the goats has pneumonia. She is one of the older ones, so it is not that bad of a thing, because she has lived a long life. She has been pretty resilient and showed signs of getting better these last few days, but today we found her quite a bit worse. Jill(our land-lord) said not to worry if we go out there one day and find her dead!! How sad--I don't want to find her dead, even though she is not one of my favorite. Anyway, we have to give her a shot of penicillin every morning, and I am not sure I want to do that--of course Chris knows how to give the shots from working at the dairy, so it won't be too bad.

Okay, about the children. On Sunday after church, Emmy started grunting like she needed to poo. So, I said, "Do you need to go poo in the potty?" And she went right into the bathroom and tried to take off her pants!!! Just sooo cute! Of course she knows what the potty is for, because we are trying to get Kaien to go in there. Well, I got her diaper off and sat her on the little seat, and she went poo!!! I was so happy! Anyway, from now on I always get her to the potty when she grunts like that. She hasn't gone in there since then, but I still think she will be potty trained before Kaien!

Kaien still won't go to the bathroom in his little potty--he has tried a few times, but that was more than a week ago and he hasn't tried since then. Every time he looks as though he needs to go, I ask him if he wants to go in the potty, and try and persuade him with treats!! But, to no avail!! Oh well, I guess he will do it in his own time. Silly boy!!

They both love being outside. Kaien always wanders around whenever I have to feed the animals, and lately I have been letting Emmy out of the stroller to let her wander too!! It is so cute--she never usually goes too far from where I am. They sure are CRAZY sometimes, especially Kaien!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow! good job Emmy! That's great. I think a lot of times a younger sibling will be motivated to be potty trained if they have an older sibling who is learning too.