Friday, February 15, 2008

New Baby Lamb!!


Well, I went out to feed the animals yesterday (we take care of animals in return for free rent) and I went through the regular routine. But it wasn't until I was feeding the sheep that I thought something might be wrong. We have 4 ewes and one ram in the same area--but this time there were only 3 ewes! So, I went and looked in the little hut area fearing I would find her dead. It has been very cold lately and this particular ewe is very old, and we weren't expecting babies until mid March!
Anyway, when I looked in the hut I saw her (alive) and I was wondering what she was doing until I saw a little movement that caught my eye. To my great surprise there was a baby lamb!! Oh, I was so excited! What a Happy Valentine's Day!!
Later on in the day I brought the kids out to see the lamb. They loved it!! Kaien especially liked it. He really wanted to hold it, but I didn't think the mother would like that. When we went inside Kaien immediately wanted to put a puzzle together...this particular puzzle has farm animals with their baby's on it, and of course it has a sheep with her lamb! Whenever he would put the sheep and lamb on the puzzle he would say, "Just like our baby lamb, Mommy!" and, "Just like our sheep, Mommy!" He would say this over and over again!! So cute! Anyway, I will put a picture of the lamb on here later. We haven't had time to take one yet.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That is so fun! How small are they when they are first born? I do want to see a picture, so don't forget! :)

Stephanie said...

ahhhh! I want to see it!
Hi, Christine!